GILGIT BALTISTAN NOMINATION BOARD.
The Gilgit Baltistan Nomination Board has been constituted in Gilgit Baltistan, and has been dealing with the Nomination for the last many years. This Board has been established under proper approval of the Government. It was reconstituted with the approval of the competent authority. The Board is fully authorized to approve the nomination of deserving candidates for Engineering & Medical Seats.
COMPOSITION OF NOMINATION BOARD
a- The Chief Executive Gilgit Baltistan. Chairman
b- The Chief Secretary Gilgit Baltistan. Member
c- The Advisor for Education Gilgit Baltistan Member
d- The Secretary Education Gilgit Baltistan Member
e- The Secretary Works NAPWD. Member
f- The Director FMCC Gilgit Baltistan Member
g- The Director Health Services Gilgit Baltistan Member
h- Rep. of KA & NA Division Islamabad. Member
j- The Director Education (Colleges) Gilgit Baltistan Secretary
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES FOR ENGINEERING SEATS.
- Candidates who have passed F.Sc (pre- engineering) or equivalent from any recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (60% marks in F.Sc. or equivalent for Punjab, KPK and Sindh) and possess Gilgit Baltistan domicile and have passed prescribed Entry Test by any province including AJK are eligible for nomination against reserved quota seats in the engineering group.
- Candidates who have wasted any reserved seat having been previously nominated will be termed disqualified for one term to apply for re-nomination in accordance with the nomination policy.
- Candidates are subjected to pass the entry test of respective province in order to get admission in universities of respective provinces. e.g. ECAT for universities in Punjab, NED for Sindh, ETEA for KPK etc.
PROVINCE/INSTITUTION WISE WEIGHTAGE FOR DETERMINATION OF MERIT ENGINEERING
|D||A.J.K. (UET Mirpur)||60%||30%||10%|
DETERMINATION OF MERIT
- Determination of merit is worked out as per the weightage formula of respective province/Institute, a candidate has passed the Entry Test.
- 10 marks are deducted in case of improvement in FSc Examination.
- 10 marks for each year are deducted in case of gap. i.e. submitting the case for nomination late.
- 20 marks are awarded in case of Hafiz Quran, subject to verification of the same by the Nomination Board.
METHOD REGARDING ALLOTMENT OF SEATS TO THE CANDIDATES.
- Candidates have been asked to indicate their choices of courses/disciplines as well as Institutions in order of preference in their Application Forms.
- The candidate who stands at top merit is entitled to avail his 1st. choice of course and Institution first.
- The candidates next on merit are selected as per their choices in turn.
- 60% seats are allocated to Districts on quota basis and 40% are thrown open on general merit among all the candidates of Gilgit Baltistan. But Institutions and courses are allocated on over all Gilgit Baltistan open merit basis.
- In case of equal merit, higher age is to be given preference.
- In case of both equal (merit and age,) higher marks in SSC will be given preference.
- Best result in case of willingly submission of more than one entry test mark sheet will be accounted for the determination of merit and allotment of institution if candidates are otherwise eligible.
- Leftover/vacated seats on regional quota are utilized within the districts of the respective region first. In case no candidate is eligible on the respective merit of the region the leftover seat will be transferred to the next region.
Detail of Reserved Seats of Pre-Engineering For the Student of Gilgit-Baltistan: